Hello my name is Elaine Flores and I am a Fulbright English Teaching Assistant (but I teach my own classes and assist no one) M6 (senior in high school) English teacher at Sawananan Wittaya School in Sawankhalok, Sukhothai. I’ve spent the last 76 days away from this reality:
1 week in Bali// 5 Week internship in Bangkok// 4 Days in Laos// 4 Days in Chiang Mai celebraiting Song Kran// 2 Days in Pai// 4 Days in Lampang// 1 week in South Korea// 3 Days on a karaoke bus to and from Rayong// and 4 Days in Bangkok for a Fulbright meeting.
Now I go back to my reality stated before. I just flew in 4 hours ago from Bangkok and have gained a headache from sitting in my room with only 1 fan in 100f/38c degree weather. I have yet to know my exact class schedule and how many classes/ students I actually have.
Goals; I share with you that I may have more motivation to reach them: *Listed in no specific order…
- Learn Thai to be able to say I know ‘Elementary level’
- Create a fun, interesting environment to learn and speak English throughout all my classes (TBD)
- Save money …my future is in debt…
- Find out what I will do starting October… (Yes this is TBD as well. If you have any openings for an English major intrested in Education/ loves writing, let me know)
- Play my ukulele more
- Continue to grow and make ties in my community
- Get fit… Extreme before and after pics with more piercings, long dyed hair, & some tats… (just kidding parentals) Just get fit
- My host teacher relied the info that every Wednesday we will have a 5-10 minute English exercise with the whole school during morning assemblies STOKED!
- There are 4 new foreign teachers in my school: 2 from Africa (sorry I don’t know the countries), 1 from the Philippines, and 1 American, Californian, girl, 23 (yes I’m excited to have another person who understands my Californian culture) But of course I am sad to not have Noe & Beverly who were my Filipino, co workers (technically siblings lol); it’s okay they’re still in Thailand 🙂
- DRUUUM ROLLL: My mom comes next month!!! What?!
- My grant ends in 4 1/2 months
- I’m completely phone-less there may be less photos
There you have it, many exciting factors and goals to keep me motivated throughout the next 4 1/2 months. I know I will have highs and lows and many more challenges to come but I am ready and regardless EXCITED to finish off my year strong in Thailand.
Wish me luck! I start teaching tomorrow,